[Snort-devel] DAQ ./configure problem with libpcap>1.0.0

Jesse Bowling jessebowling at ...2499...
Tue Jul 3 17:57:52 EDT 2012

On RHEL using PF_RING I've had to specify the location to
configure...Perhaps this would get you moving:

LIBS="-lpcap" LDFLAGS="-lpcap" ./configure
--with-libpcap-libraries=/usr/local/lib

Cheers,

Jesse

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 5:14 PM, Jack Pepper <pepperjack at ...2971...> wrote:

> I had a similar problem.  It was a pkgtool problem.  I uninstalled libpcap
> and libpcap-devel, then recompiled libpcap from source and it all worked
> out nicely.
>
> If you;ve already done that, make sure that you don't have multiple
> libpcap libraries installed.  make sure /usr/local/lib is being picked up
> in ldconf.
>
> tc
>
> On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 1:11 PM, Bryan A. Jones <bjones at ...3297...>wrote:
>
>> All,
>>
>> I noticed that when configuring DAQ v0.6.2 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, it can't
>> find my compiled libpcap library (I tried 1.1.1 and 1.3.0), which does
>> indeed exist at /usr/local/lib. Any ideas? Attached is config.log. The
>> error message:
>>
>> checking for pcap_lib_version... checking for pcap_lib_version in
>> -lpcap... (cached) no
>>
>>     ERROR!  Libpcap library version >= 1.0.0 not found.
>>     Get it from http://www.tcpdump.org
>>

>> --
>> Bryan A. Jones, Ph.D.
>> Associate Professor
>> Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
>> 231 Simrall / PO Box 9571
>> Mississippi State University
>> Mississippi state, MS 39762
>> http://www.ece.msstate.edu/~bjones
>> bjones AT ece DOT msstate DOT edu
>> voice 662-325-3149
>> fax 662-325-2298
>>
>> Our Master, Jesus Christ, is on his way. He'll show up right on
>> time, his arrival guaranteed by the Blessed and Undisputed Ruler,
>> High King, High God.
>> - 1 Tim. 6:14b-15 (The Message)

Jesse Bowling