[Snort-devel] Getting the Dynamic Output Starter Kit to run

Wojciech Michalak wojciech.michalak at ...3351...
Fri Dec 14 09:40:33 EST 2012

Hello,

	Recently I've been trying to get the Dynamic Output Starter Kit to run.
I've managed to compile both snort and the plugin. I was hoping to
explore accessing extra information that snort gathers but doesn't
output in it's unified2 logs (session tracking). I keep getting a
SEGMENTATION FAULT on plugin initialization - I've traced it to the _dod
calls. Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong?

System: I'm using a DEBIAN Wheezy (tried both 32bit and 64bit) with a
fairly clean install and almost only snort dependencies installed.

Configure: Tried various combinations

Snort: Tried versions 2.9.3 and 2.9.4

It seemed to me like _dod wasn't initialized correctly. Didn't make any
changes to the code. Used The 1.0.4 version of the kit.

Kind regards,
Wojciech Michalak