[Snort-devel] [Ask for help] Anomaly-detection Techniques

Joel Esler jesler at ...402...
Tue Dec 11 22:52:48 EST 2012

On Dec 11, 2012, at 10:29 PM, Hai Minh Nguyen <lightsea90 at ...2499...> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have an assignment requiring me to integrate an anomaly-detection component  to Snort, based on some techniques like SPADE, PHAD, NETAD, ADAM, LERAD...
>
> Anybody have documents describing the techniques above, about  theoretical basis, algorithm... and performance. If you have source code of these, could you share it to me?
>

> Thanks a lot :)
>
> P/s: this is my first post in this mail list. If there is something wrong, please forgive me :D

It's pretty standard that we don't help people do their homework.  If you have specific questions about particular functions within Snort, we can answer those, but this is your assignment.

--
Joel Esler
Senior Research Engineer, VRT