[Snort-devel] Easy way to see what options Snort was configured with?

Mike Cox mike.cox52 at ...2499...
Mon Dec 10 11:37:18 EST 2012

I'm looking at old(er) pre-compiled snort binaries (v2.8 and early
v2.9) that I didn't create.  I am trying to figure out how to
determine what options they were compiled/built with (e.g. zlib, etc.)
without having to endure onerous manual tests..  I looked at 'snort
--help' but did not see an option to dump the current Snort complied
capabilities.  I'm sure I'm missing something simple here so sorry
about that but since there are a lot of configuration options that
translate into compiled capabilities and also a lot of configurable
variabilities with the Snort configuration file, I thought there would
be some easy way to see what what compiled in (and as an aside, what
is enabled given an ad-hoc config file).

Thanks!

-Mike Cox