[Snort-devel] Snort 2.9.1.1 ERROR - SF_REPUTATION

Edward Fjellskål edwardfjellskaal at ...2499...
Fri Oct 7 13:26:46 EDT 2011

On 10/07/2011 12:52 PM, Russ Combs wrote:
> The size mismatch means you have the new Snort binary and an old
> preprocessor so.  Try make uninstall-ing your old Snort and reinstalling
> the new one.  Or use a different --prefix to avoid mingling stuff.
>
> On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 5:55 AM, Edward Fjellskål
> <edwardfjellskaal at ...2499... <mailto:edwardfjellskaal at ...2499...>> wrote:
>

>     Hi,
>
>     I compile it, and try to start it:

>     ERROR size 396 != 376
>     ERROR: Failed to initialize dynamic preprocessor: SF_REPUTATION (IPV6)
>     version 1.1.1 (-2)

Not sure why it fails, as the prefix for the build is new and different
from the old stuff...

And for some reason, if I run "./snort -c snort.conf" from cmd line,
it works, but when I put that/(full paths) into a simple bash-script,
snort dies again.

I had to put full path for classfile, ref-file also when running from
a script. Kinda strange that it runs from cmd-line and not from a
script. Even though the stuff that is in /etc/snort/* is identical to
$buildpath/etc/...

Got it working though:
http://www.networktotal.com/processed/d36a043db55a62821943bd0468740cd7/

Congratz on the release!