[Snort-devel] IPv6 rule options syntax

Steven Sturges ssturges at ...402...
Wed May 4 08:59:23 EDT 2011

Martin is correct.

Snort does not expose all of the values from the IPv6 extension
headers via rule options, however where there is an IPv4 equivalent,
we do leverage those.

1) Hop limit is akin to the ttl value in the IPv4 header, so you can use
the ttl rule option for that.

2) For ICMP, Snort handles both IPv4 and IPv6 versions of ICMP the same
way.

Other examples are the fragmentation offset, fragmentation ID, and
traffic class, which map to the offset, id, and tos fields of IPv4.

Cheers.
-steve