[Snort-devel] rules management tools

CleBeer clebeer at ...2499...
Thu Mar 31 12:05:23 EDT 2011

I thinking in some thing like base with a web ui, this way we don't create a
dependence of desktop OSes.
Other idea is port the ruleset to a database and make some script that
create de ruleset files reading the database.
what you guys think about it?

cheers

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 12:47 PM, Nigel Houghton
<nhoughton at ...402...>wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 11:28:59 -0400, Joel Esler wrote:
> > Tell us what your tool will do differently than the ones out now?
> >
> > I love to see innovation with products around Snort.
> >
> > --
> > Sent from my iPhone
> > Forgive my misspellings and briefness
> >
> > On Mar 31, 2011, at 9:52 AM, Pat John <t0p1001 at ...1389...> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all:
> >> i am planning develop a tools that could make it easier to manage rules,
> >> any one interested?
>
> Given the tools available at the moment, if I were to produce something
> around the tasks associated with rule management, I think I might
> concentrate on a graphical front end for one of the cli tools.
>
> --
> Nigel Houghton
> Head Mentalist
> SF VRT Department of Intelligence Excellence
> http://vrt-blog.snort.org/ && http://labs.snort.org/

Cleber S. Brandão
Mob. +55 011 9333-9429

clebeerpub.blogspot.com