[Snort-devel] Snort.org Blog: Snort 2.9.1 beta coming soon!

Steven Sturges ssturges at ...402...
Wed Jun 15 22:26:00 EDT 2011

To allow users time to transition, we'll add some warnings about
the database output plugin in Snort being deprecated in a future
release, just as we've done with other deprecated features before
they are removed.  From there, we'd plan to fully remove support
with the following (3 digit) release.

The schema files (mysql, MS SQL, Oracle, Postgres, DB2) will be
maintained external to Snort.

The idea is to make unified2 the primary logging mechanism for
binary data.  We would still keep tcpdump/pcap.

This will simplify the build process for Snort for everyone, as
well as minimizing our required testing coverage.

Cheers.
-steve