[Snort-devel] Snort.org Blog: Snort 2.9.1 beta coming soon!

firnsy firnsy at ...3030...
Wed Jun 15 08:54:35 EDT 2011

On 15/06/11 07:07, Joel Esler wrote:
> On Jun 14, 2011, at 2:59 PM, Randal T. Rioux wrote:
>> On 6/14/2011 11:19 AM, Joel Esler wrote:
>>> So is the barnyard2 project willing to take over maintenance of the sql
>>> schema totally?  We'd like to remove it from the Snort tarball along
>>> with the direct-to-db output method.
>>
>> I'll chime in and say yes - whether it be firnsy, myself, etc.
>>
>> I started this for my own project a couple years ago and have wanted to
>> do this for a while!

I'll second Randy here and say yes the barnyard2 project is willing to
take over maintenance of the schema in its entirety.

> Roger.  Let us talk over some things internally about how we are going to handle this, and in what versions.  I'll ping you back.

Sure, we can discuss this further offline when you have more details of
how you want to handover.

Regards,
firnsy