[Snort-devel] Query about the performance

Jeff Murphy jeff.murphy at ...2499...
Wed Jun 8 09:39:08 EDT 2011

This thread has some good info in it regarding performance

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=BANLkTikgnat47diBj49PqLzwaP6%2BcBzrTg%40mail.gmail.com&forum_name=snort-devel

as for "based on flow", yes, if a rule matches snort can capture packets for that session (flow).