[Snort-devel] Unified2 Record Order

Steven Sturges ssturges at ...402...
Mon Jun 6 10:43:02 EDT 2011

This is already there within the unified2 packet event structure.
There are fields for the event_id and both the seconds from the
origianal event, as well as the packet timestamp.

typedef struct _Serial_Unified2Packet
{
     uint32_t sensor_id;
     uint32_t event_id;
     uint32_t event_second;
     uint32_t packet_second;
     uint32_t packet_microsecond;
     uint32_t linktype;
     uint32_t packet_length;
     uint8_t packet_data[4];
} Serial_Unified2Packet;

So, packet records will have both the event ID (the 32 bit value that
you indicate could wrap -- split by 16bits with -G), and the
event_second field from the original event.