[Snort-devel] Snort 2.9.0.4 Build 111 posted

Joshua.Kinard at ...3108... Joshua.Kinard at ...3108...
Mon Feb 28 17:16:40 EST 2011

Thirding here, too.  Snort has a four-part version number, so I see no major issue with bumping that to .5 to address this http bug.

Speaking of which, what is this bug?  I don't follow -users, but looking through the archive, nothing immediately stands out.  There a specific topic thread I can look at?

Thanks,

--J

-----Original Message-----
From: Edward Fjellskål [mailto:edwardfjellskaal at ...2499...]
Sent: Monday, February 28, 2011 5:13 PM
To: snort-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-devel] Snort 2.9.0.4 Build 111 posted

Totally agree with Jason on this...

"There are no other changes to Snort that would warrant a change in the
version number"

We are talking about minor version number change! Not a version number...

You might be doing this so that governments/enterprises don't
need to put the wheels in motion again for certifications etc.
but this is cheating...