[Snort-devel] Intel QuickAssist Technology Pattern Matching mechanism

Steven Sturges steve.sturges at ...402...
Wed Sep 8 13:01:50 EDT 2010

Hi Rayne--

We have integrated the ability to use Intel QA CPM into Snort with
2.9.

Yes, the QA CPM integration is via an API, which you should be able
to get from Intel... They have partner programs for both hardware
and software vendors that you may be able to join to get access to
the API libraries, and ask specific questions the QA program.

In terms of which specific QA APIs are used by Snort, have a look
at intel-soft-cpm.c, which wraps the normal pattern matching API
used within Snort with calls to the Intel QA CPM API.  We have tested
with both gcc and Intel C Compiler (icc).

Cheers.
-steve