[Snort-devel] Intel QuickAssist Technology Pattern Matching mechanism

Rayne hjazz6 at ...3015...
Mon Sep 6 21:19:39 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm interested in finding out more about the Intel QuickAssist Technology Pattern Matching mechanism that Snort 2.9 is using.

Does this QuickAssist Technology only work on certain Intel chipsets? And I believe that this is available as an API. So is it available anywhere as a free download? Lastly, do I have to use specific compilers, e.g. Intel C++ compiler to gain the most benefit in performance? I've been trying to look for more detailed documentation, i.e. what kinds of API functions are used, example codes etc, but haven't been able to find any.

Thank you.

Regards,
Rayne