[Snort-devel] [Snort-users] 2.9.0.1 performance issue

L0rd Ch0de1m0rt l0rdch0de1m0rt at ...2499...
Thu Nov 18 11:26:10 EST 2010

Hello.  To be clear, there is no fix for the "http_inspect\stream
reassembly" bug at the moment (if there is a fix in SVN, let me know
so I can take action here b/c this is seriously a non-trivial bug for
me).  Apparently it is an issue with Stream5 having premature buffer
flushing issues.

Government/Critical Infrastructure companies take note: this bug leads
to easy IDS/IPS evasion and this issue, "predates Snort 2.9.0"
according to Sourcefire.

-L0rd C.