[Snort-devel] Snort 2.9.0.1 Now Available

Steven Sturges steve.sturges at ...402...
Tue Nov 2 18:34:02 EDT 2010

There was an issue in that HTTP inspect wasn't correctly handling
raw vs. stream reassembled packets when looking at HTTP response
data.  This fix is included in 2901 -- refer to ChangeLog (changes
to hi_client.c/hi_server.c).

As to the support of 2.8.6, with the release of 2.9.0, 2.8.6.x
is no longer supported.  When there is a new "3 digit" release no
further patches are made to the previous version of Snort.