[Snort-devel] [Snort-users] Win32: failed to initialize dynamic preprocessor: sf_sdf (ipv6)

Michael Steele michaels at ...2826...
Thu May 6 09:02:18 EDT 2010

Max,

I'm not sure what the development team is doing. This file is new to Snort,
and I read somewhere that:

----------\
if you are not using IPV6 delete sf_sdf.dll file from
'snort_dynamicpreprocessor' folder to avoid this ' failed to initialize
dynamic preprocessor: sf_sdf (ipv6)' error.
----------/

I don't really think this is the way the development team intended the file
to be handled.  I've enabled IPV6 and have selected the option on install
and the same error pops up. Maybe I'm not doing something right.

It seems that any .dll file dumped into that folder is loaded, where we
specified the loading in 2.8.5

Hopefully someone from the development team will give us some insight about
this problem.

Kindest regards,
Michael...

WINSNORT.com Management Team Member