[Snort-devel] Snort 2.8.6.1, "Error: Failed to find LibVerion()" while trying to develop a preprocessor module

BlackLight blacklight86 at ...2499...
Wed Jul 28 19:07:26 EDT 2010

My issue is not with getting Snort running. I know deleting libsf*example*
Snort runs, but I need to develop *MY OWN* preprocessor module. Of course I
started from the source code of the "official" example, but it looks definitely
bugged, taking out random LibVersion() issues.  So where should I start for
developing my preprocessor module if modifying a bit and compiling
spp_example.c all I get is Snort not working?

PGP key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE8468AFB46DBC195
Admin of http://0x00.ath.cx