[Snort-devel] Question regarding config binding configuration option.

beenph beenph at ...2499...
Wed Jul 7 16:33:30 EDT 2010

Hello all, i must admit i didin't look at the implementation before
asking what i am about to ask but
i am sure someone near the source of the flames will know the anwser.

Let say i have a main config like this:

<STUFF I WANT FOR BOTH CONFIG>
#some static preprocessor config without  dependance to $HOME_NET or
other variables
#and other generalities like basic path and stuff
</STUFF I WANT FOR BOTH CONFIG>

config binding: config_vlan1.conf vlan 1
config binding: config_vlan2.conf vlan 2

<STUFF I WANT TO HAVE CONFIG SPECIFIC DECLARATION>
#Specific preprocessor configuration with dependance to $HOME_NET or
other variables
#Specific rule files
</STUFF I WANT TO HAVE CONFIG SPECIFIC DECLARATION>

Does the declaration of  variables in the general configuration need
to be duplicated  (example HOME_NET), or would delaration of
(HOME_NET) that would be done in each config would propagate
to <STUFF I WANT TO HAVE CONFIG SPECIFIC DECLARATION> aka rules.

I hope i am clear, if not i will try to give a more clear fictious example.

-elz