[Snort-devel] Snort 2.8.5.2 on Solaris 10 (SPARC) - make error

Todd Wease twease at ...402...
Wed Jan 13 09:32:21 EST 2010

Ok, good.  We'll get that into the configure file for Solaris builds.

I looked at the man page for nanosleep on Solaris and it mentioned -lrt
was necessary.

On 01/12/2010 11:18 PM, Randal T. Rioux wrote:
> Thanks, Todd. That fixed it!
>
> I'm not familiar with the rt library. Not having much luck searching for a
> two letter string on the Web, either. Is there a good resource somewhere
> with explanations of such POSIX libs?
>
> Randy
>

> On Tue, January 12, 2010 9:43 pm, Todd Wease wrote:
>> Hi Randy,
>>
>> Try adding -lrt to CFLAGS:
>> $ CFLAGS="-lrt" ./configure ...
>> Looks like Solaris may require this.  We'll have to add this to
>> configure.in.
>>
>> Todd
>>

>> Randal T. Rioux wrote:
>>> Adding --enable-reload to the ./configure line cause the following error
>>> when running make. Any ideas?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Randy
>>>
>>> <snip>
>>> gcc -g -O0 -mcpu=v9 -Wall -o snort debug.o decode.o log.o mstring.o
>>> parser.o profiler.o plugbase.o snort.o snprintf.o strlcatu.o strlcpyu.o
>>> tag.o util.o detect.o signature.o mempool.o sf_sdlist.o fpcreate.o
>>> fpdetect.o pcrm.o byte_extract.o sfthreshold.o packet_time.o
>>> event_wrapper.o event_queue.o inline.o ppm.o log_text.o
>>> detection_filter.o
>>> rate_filter.o  -L/usr/local/lib output-plugins/libspo.a
>>> detection-plugins/libspd.a dynamic-plugins/libdynamic.a
>>> preprocessors/libspp.a parser/libparser.a target-based/libtarget_based.a
>>> preprocessors/HttpInspect/libhttp_inspect.a
>>> preprocessors/Stream5/libstream5.a sfutil/libsfutil.a
>>> /usr/local/lib/libpcre.so -lpcap -lsocket -lnsl -lm -ldl -lpthread
>>> -R/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib
>>> Undefined                       first referenced
>>>   symbol                             in file
>>> nanosleep                           snort.o
>>> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to snort
>>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>>> *** Error code 1
>>> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `snort'
>>> Current working directory /usr/share/src/snort-2.8.5.2/src
>>> *** Error code 1
>>> The following command caused the error:
>>> failcom='exit 1'; \
>>> for f in x $MAKEFLAGS; do \
>>>    case $f in \
>>>      *k*) failcom='fail=yes';; \
>>>    esac; \
>>> done; \
>>> dot_seen=no; \
>>> target=`echo all-recursive | sed s/-recursive//`; \