[Snort-devel] Developping Snort Preprocessor

Marcos Rodriguez marcos.e.rodriguez at ...2499...
Tue Aug 10 16:36:52 EDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 2:44 PM, L0rd Ch0de1m0rt
<l0rdch0de1m0rt at ...2499...>wrote:

> Ben Fienstein did a DEFCON presentation on creating snort
> preprocessors/plugins in 2008 I think.  That could be a good starting
> point, it should be available on the DEFCON site.
>
> -L0rd Ch0de1m0rt
>
> On 8/10/10, kevin huber <huberkev11 at ...445...> wrote:
> >
> > I am new at snort development and am trying to build a custom
> preprocessor.
> > Does anyone have the steps/tutorial on how to go about writing a custom
> > preprocessor?  Particularily for deep packet inspection and modification.
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Kevin

Good call!  Here's the link for the presentation:

http://www.defcon.org/images/defcon-16/dc16-presentations/dc-16-feinstein.pdf