[Snort-devel] Snort IDS - Fault Tolerance?

Gabe Alicea galicea at ...3105...
Mon Aug 2 18:30:02 EDT 2010

Hi,

I am currently working with snort both on an Ubuntu distro and a few Win7
boxes. It seems to be up and running and working as it should, however, I am
working on researching a Master's Degree Thesis topic. I thought it
interesting to focus on IDS's and more specifically Snort. However, I do not
want to start research on something that is already developed. So, can
anyone here confirm that Snort has/is Fault Tolerant? If so, would details
be able to be provided as to how Snort achieves this feature in the
community distribution?

I would appreciate anything anyone can provide. Thank you!
Gabe