[Snort-devel] Snort 2.8.6 RC Now Available
snortreleases at ...835...
Mon Apr 26 13:27:06 EDT 2010
Snort 2.8.6 is now available on snort.org, at
Snort 2.8.6 introduces:
* Updates to HTTP Inspect to allow server-specific configurations
to normalize the HTTP header and/or cookies have been added.
* Updates to HTTP Inspect to support gzip decompression across
multiple packets. Enable via --enable-zip during the build.
This is enabled by default in the Win32 platform build.
* New Sensitive Data preprocessor, which performs detection of
Personally Identifiable Information (PII). A new rule option is
available to define new PII. See README.sensitive_data and the
Snort Manual for configuration details.
* Added a new pattern matcher and related configurations. The new
pattern matcher is optimized to use less memory and perform at
AC speed. Use the following configuration options in your
snort.conf to take advantage of the improved pattern matcher.
config detection: search-method ac-split, max-pattern-len 20,
* Update to use the version 4.1.1 of WinPcap for Win32 platforms.
Please see the Release Notes and ChangeLog for more details.
Please submit bugs, questions, and feedback to snort-beta at ...2780...
The Snort Release Team
More information about the Snort-devel