[Snort-devel] OS Memory usage: 32bits vs. 64bits

Steven Sturges steve.sturges at ...402...
Thu Apr 22 19:27:04 EDT 2010

Pointers in C are 8 bytes instead of 4 bytes on 64bit platforms.
That would account for a good chunk, as they're used not only
for memory allocation, but function pointers, offsets, etc.

Don't know that it would be around twice, though...

Cheers
-steve