[Snort-devel] [Snort-users] Backporting some packages from 2.8.4.1 to 2.8.5

Ryan Jordan ryan.jordan at ...402...
Wed Sep 23 14:24:54 EDT 2009

In 2.8.5, we replaced the PV struct so that we could do configuration
reloading.

In snort.h, we have the following definiton:
extern SnortConfig *snort_conf; (Note that this is a pointer now.)

SnortConfig has most of the stuff that PV did, but it appears that
"log_plugin_active" and "alert_plugin_active" were removed. SnortMain() no
longer checks for them.

Having looked at a couple of the other output plugins (spo_unified2.c,
spo_database.c), it looks like it's safe to just remove the lines
referencing those two variables.

In general, if you see an old reference to "pv.something", you should
replace it with "snort_conf->something". Just check the SnortConfig
definition in snort.h to make sure the name didn't change.