[Snort-devel] [Snort-users] AIX 6.1 make error

Todd Wease twease at ...402...
Fri Oct 23 08:18:37 EDT 2009

Edit src/dynamic-plugins/sf_engine/Makefile and find any instance of
"fi" that does not have a semicolon after it and put a semicolon after
it.  Seems like a shell issue.  Not sure if this will do anything.  If
that doesn't work, just add a semicolon to "fi"s that have a line
continuation character (backslash) on the same line.

On 10/22/2009 10:50 PM, Randal T. Rioux wrote:
> [...]
>>> checking for socket in -lsocket... no
>>> checking whether printf must be declared... no
>>> checking whether fprintf must be declared... no
>>> checking whether syslog must be declared... no
>>> checking whether puts must be declared... no
>>> checking whether fputs must be declared... no
>>> checking whether fputc must be declared... no
>>> checking whether fopen must be declared... no
>>> checking whether fclose must be declared... no
>>> checking whether fwrite must be declared... no
>>> checking whether fflush must be declared... no
>>> checking whether getopt must be declared... no
>>> checking whether bzero must be declared... no
>>> checking whether bcopy must be declared... no
>>> checking whether memset must be declared... no
>>> checking whether strtol must be declared... no
>>> checking whether strcasecmp must be declared... no
>>> checking whether strncasecmp must be declared... no
>>> checking whether strerror must be declared... no
>>> checking whether perror must be declared... no
>>> checking whether socket must be declared... no
>>> checking whether sendto must be declared... no
>>> checking whether vsnprintf must be declared... no
>>> checking whether snprintf must be declared... no
>>> checking whether strtoul must be declared... no
>>> checking for snprintf... yes
>>> checking for strlcpy... no
>>> checking for strlcat... no
>>> checking for strerror... yes
>>> checking for vswprintf... yes
>>> checking for wprintf... yes
>>> checking for char... yes
>>> checking size of char... 1
>>> checking for short... yes
>>> checking size of short... 2
>>> checking for int... yes
>>> checking size of int... 4
>>> checking for long int... yes
>>> checking size of long int... 4
>>> checking for long long int... yes
>>> checking size of long long int... 8
>>> checking for unsigned int... yes
>>> checking size of unsigned int... 4
>>> checking for unsigned long int... yes
>>> checking size of unsigned long int... 4
>>> checking for unsigned long long int... yes
>>> checking size of unsigned long long int... 8
>>> checking for u_int8_t... yes
>>> checking for u_int16_t... yes
>>> checking for u_int32_t... yes
>>> checking for u_int64_t... yes
>>> checking for uint8_t... yes
>>> checking for uint16_t... yes
>>> checking for uint32_t... yes
>>> checking for uint64_t... yes
>>> checking for int8_t... yes
>>> checking for int16_t... yes
>>> checking for int32_t... yes
>>> checking for int64_t... yes
>>> checking for INADDR_NONE... yes
>>> checking for __FUNCTION__... yes
>>> checking for pcap_datalink in -lpcap... yes
>>> checking pcre.h usability... yes
>>> checking pcre.h presence... yes
>>> checking for pcre.h... yes
>>> checking for pcre_compile in -lpcre... yes
>>> checking for libpcre version 6.0 or greater... yes
>>> checking for sparc... no
>>> checking for visibility support... no
>>> checking for dlsym in -ldl... yes
>>> checking for a BSD-compatible install... ./install-sh -c
>>> config.status: creating Makefile
>>> config.status: creating src/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating src/sfutil/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating src/detection-plugins/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating src/dynamic-examples/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating
>>> src/dynamic-examples/dynamic-preprocessor/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating src/dynamic-examples/dynamic-rule/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating src/dynamic-plugins/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating src/dynamic-plugins/sf_engine/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating src/dynamic-plugins/sf_engine/examples/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating src/dynamic-plugins/sf_preproc_example/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating src/dynamic-preprocessors/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating src/dynamic-preprocessors/libs/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating src/dynamic-preprocessors/ftptelnet/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating src/dynamic-preprocessors/smtp/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating src/dynamic-preprocessors/ssh/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating src/dynamic-preprocessors/dcerpc/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating src/dynamic-preprocessors/dcerpc2/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating src/dynamic-preprocessors/dns/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating src/dynamic-preprocessors/ssl/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating src/output-plugins/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating src/preprocessors/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating src/preprocessors/HttpInspect/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating src/preprocessors/HttpInspect/include/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating src/preprocessors/HttpInspect/utils/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating
>>> src/preprocessors/HttpInspect/anomaly_detection/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating src/preprocessors/HttpInspect/client/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating
>>> src/preprocessors/HttpInspect/event_output/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating
>>> src/preprocessors/HttpInspect/mode_inspection/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating
>>> src/preprocessors/HttpInspect/normalization/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating src/preprocessors/HttpInspect/server/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating
>>> src/preprocessors/HttpInspect/session_inspection/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating
>>> src/preprocessors/HttpInspect/user_interface/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating src/preprocessors/Stream5/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating src/parser/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating src/target-based/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating doc/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating contrib/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating schemas/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating rpm/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating preproc_rules/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating m4/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating etc/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating templates/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating src/win32/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating config.h