[Snort-devel] Status of Snort Inline

Richard Bejtlich taosecurity at ...2499...
Tue Oct 13 23:09:36 EDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 8:43 PM, Randal T. Rioux <randy at ...3004...> wrote:
> Not to threadjack this, but I'm still unclear as to the reason for this
> OISF project. Will it be closed or open source? What features will it
> have as opposed to other IDS/IPS solutions already out there?
>
> Thanks,
> Randy

Hi Randy,

I addressed some of this in a post earlier this year:

http://taosecurity.blogspot.com/2009/07/notes-from-oisf-meeting-in-dc.html

The linked DC Brainstorming Meeting Notes are also helpful.  No need
to rehash everything here.

Also check out the multiple mailing list archives at the project site.

Sincerely,

Richard