[Snort-devel] Snort 2.8.5 Beta Now Available

rmkml rmkml at ...879...
Thu May 14 09:39:09 EDT 2009

Hi,
First, Congratulations SF team for this new version!
Im found a segfault with this new version with this rule:
  alert tcp any any -> any any (msg:"snort v2.8.5 beta SegFault"; content:"test"; within:; nocase; sid:987654321; rev:1;)
Yes, within keyword don't have value! and snort crash with nocasei keyword...
look my very simple snort.conf:
  dynamicpreprocessor directory dynamic-preprocessors/build/usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicpreprocessor/
  dynamicengine dynamic-plugins/sf_engine/.libs/libsf_engine.so
  preprocessor stream5_global: max_tcp 8192, track_tcp yes, track_udp no
and sid 987654321 of course!

Please add my pseudo to Credits file and my company: Crusoe Researches.
Happy Detect (snort,bro,azwalaro)
Regards
Rmkml
Crusoe-Researches.com