[Snort-devel] Snort v3 Beta ipqueue daq

Kayvan Javid kayvan.javid at ...3040...
Mon May 11 08:11:23 EDT 2009

Looking like a fantastic rewrite of snort btw. Our final use case is
using snort as an ips in inline mode on a linux firewall. We currently
use iptables and multiple queues for packet filtering, however I notice
that the IPQ DAQ module is currently not up to scratch for this beta
release, as only af_packet is added to the inline DAQ modules. I find
this odd as it is an inferior userspace queuing mechanism to ipqueue,
but anyway.

Can anyone tell me if the ipq daq is in the works and slated for release
with any future beta or indeed any stable build?