[Snort-devel] CID re-use in database output plugin

Jeff Dell jdell at ...2429...
Fri Jun 19 14:57:20 EDT 2009

Oh common now.. We all know Windows is the best to run snort on because it
allows me to insert from snort directly into my MSSQL database on the same
host. Who needs unified output when you got the raw power of Microsoft
behind you!

Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Bejtlich [mailto:taosecurity at ...2499...]
Sent: Friday, June 19, 2009 2:45 PM
To: Joel Esler
Cc: Nigel Houghton; Jason Brvenik; Snort Devel
Subject: Re: [Snort-devel] CID re-use in database output plugin

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 2:31 PM, Joel Esler<eslerj at ...2499...> wrote:
> Top posting AND unified wars? Might as well start an os debate in the
> same thread and get it all out of our systems now.

If you run your sensor on anything but FreeBSD, you're crazy!!

Richard

Are you an open source citizen? Join us for the Open Source Bridge
conference!
Portland, OR, June 17-19. Two days of sessions, one day of unconference:
$250.
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;215844324;13503038;v?http://opensourcebridge.o
rg