[Snort-devel] Could we add the manifest/method script to source?

Jason Zhao Jason.Zhao at ...2994...
Fri Jun 12 00:06:40 EDT 2009

Hi, Experts,

I am porting snort to OpenSolaris, since in most
cases, snort will be run as a daemon. And on OpenSolaris,
it is best to run daemon in the mode of SMF
<http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/content/selfheal/smf-quickstart.jsp> service.
So I wrote a set of manifest/method script to make
snort run on OpenSolaris. Please see in attachment.

snortd: method script, mainly use to start the daemon
snort.xml: manifest, to work with SMF framework.

I am not sure if there is some framework similiar to
SMF, but I do believe it would be nice that snort source
code could wrap the manifest/method together, which
may help users/customers to run it more conveniently
on Solaris at least.

Thanks
Jason