[Snort-devel] Feature Request

Jack Pepper pepperjack at ...2971...
Tue Jan 20 09:26:27 EST 2009

Quoting Matt Jonkman <jonkman at ...1461...>:

> That's pretty slick. thanks Brian. Still would be nice to have at least
> the basic verification with the option for a bad exit value though,
> simpler in some situations. Possible?

I wrote a "test" stanza for my snort rc file.  then I run "service
snort test" or "/etc/rc.d/init.d/snort test" do perform whatever
pile-of-tests I have applied to the rc script.

I use some variables passed in through the " -S " option, so snort -T
never really worked all that well for me.  I will be adding "
verify-rule " to my list of tests.

jp

--
Simple compliance is a hacker's best friend