[Snort-devel] Feature Request

Brian Caswell bmc at ...835...
Mon Jan 19 11:05:38 EST 2009

On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 3:11 PM, Matt Jonkman <jonkman at ...1461...> wrote:
> Is it possible to get as has been discussed on the other lists the
> ability to have either default or switch access to a lint mode for the
> ruleset?

I prefer to do many of these things outside of snort.  There are
things that I wish to review that Snort should not care about, for
example reference validation.  To that end, I wrote verify-rule, which
is part of my Net::Snort::Parser package.

http://www.shmoo.com/~bmc/software/snortconfig/

A version of verify-rule that includes some additional verification is
available at:

http://www.shmoo.com/~bmc/software/snortconfig/verify-rule

Brian