[Snort-devel] CPU Usage

Joel Esler eslerj at ...2499...
Thu Jan 8 10:01:57 EST 2009

This is probably a setup issue.  Are you using the default ruleset?
What rules are you using?  What do your variables look like?  What
pattern matcher are you using? This is probably a better conversation
for the Snort-users list as opposed to the snort-devel list.

Joel

On Jan 8, 2009, at 4:43 AM, bahamin takhtaei allegedly wrote:

> Hi,
> How can I decrease CPU-usage of Snort? Is there any way to
> do it (such as changing source code ....)?
>
> My Snort uses over than 99% CPU in high traffic!
>

> Thanks.

Joel Esler
  http://www.joelesler.nethttp://www.twitter.com/joelesler
[m]