[Snort-devel] version numbers needed for preprocessors / libsf_engine?

Tue Dec 29 16:49:07 EST 2009

[...]

> Probably the best way to eliminate from the build right now is to
> remove the references to dynamic-examples from configure.in and top
> level Makefile.am.
>
> We could look into having a --enable-build-examples or something that
> causes them to get built, defaulting to off.

This would be helpful. Currently when I create a new snort ebuild for
Gentoo I have to chop $(EXAMPLES_DIR) off the end of ...

SUBDIRS = sfutil win32 output-plugins detection-plugins
dynamic-plugins preprocessors parser dynamic-preprocessors
target-based $(EXAMPLES_DIR)

in src/Makefile.am to prevent them from being built.

Wally