[Snort-devel] [Snort-users] Community feedback on maintaining the OSSRC web site

Frank Knobbe frank at ...2134...
Thu Mar 27 17:21:16 EDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-27 at 17:01 -0400, Mike Guiterman wrote:
> Sourcefire is planning to move our data center, part of this planning
> process is deciding which web sites will be migrated.   Based on the
> limited traffic to the OSSRC site, it is a candidate to be shut down
> instead of moving to the new data center.   Please let us know if you
> object to the end of life of this site.  Your feedback is important to
> us and if we do not hear otherwise from the interested parties in the
> community, the site will be shut down.

Hey Mike,

back when you guys set up OSSRC, we were very interested in getting
things going, especially us from the Bleeding Project. I believe we made
it past setting up a Charter. However, the communication quickly ran
dry. We never made it to the Rule Duplication Avoidance Project and
such. Looked like interest in the OSSRC was waning.

Considering that the last discussion in the OSSRC list was in Sept 2005
(not counting someone that had asked a question about the relation
between Bleeding and Sourcefire in 2007, I don't have a problem if you
shut the web site and mail list down.

Best regards,
Frank