[Snort-devel] config pidpath directive no longer valid?

Steven Sturges steve.sturges at ...402...
Mon Mar 10 09:00:17 EDT 2008

Hi Lee--

The config directive pidpath has been compiled out of the code for
some time, at least since 2.6.1.  We'll try to get the docs updated
to reflect that.

However, it is supported on the commandline, you can use the
--pid-path option and specify the path.

Depending on your other options (for example, if you daemonize,
messages go to syslog).  To test a configuration without daemonization,
use -T on the commandline.

Cheers.
-steve