[Snort-devel] config pidpath directive no longer valid?

Lee Clemens snort at ...2953...
Sun Mar 9 14:47:36 EDT 2008

Hello all,

I am trying to run 2.8.0.2 with the following config directive defined in my
snort.conf:
config pidpath: /applogs/snort/run

But when starting Snort, I receive this in my syslogs:
FATAL ERROR: Unknown config directive: config pidpath: /applogs/snort/run

No errors are printed to STDOUT.

I checked the snort_manual (v2.7.0 comes with the VRT rules released on
3-6-2008, by the way) and the config directive, pidpath, <i>is</i>
explicitly defined in both the 2.7.0 and 2.8.0 Snort Manuals.

Is this a documentation error, or is 2.8.0.2 no longer recognizing "config
pidpath"?

I can provide any system specific information if it would be useful.

As a side note:
	I think it would be helpful if this fatal error was printed to
STDOUT, instead of a FATAL ERROR <i>only</i> being printed to syslog.