[Snort-devel] How to get the name of the current interface?

Salvo Danilo Giuffrida salvodanilogiuffrida at ...2499...
Mon Jun 30 09:12:28 EDT 2008

Hello, the function GetIP(char*) returns the IP assigned to the
interface whose name is specified as the 1st parameter. But, how can I
get the name of the interface Snort is currently sniffing to (apart
from parsing the command line or the snort.conf file)?
Thanks
On a side note, I think I have solved that problem with alerts
generated by threads...Basicly, if I use SetEvent() and
CallAlertFuncs() they show up, but I need to specify a Packet* on the
second function, that's why I think to generate a fake packet on the
wire, and have the preprocessor always use that to pass it to the
CallAlertFuncs function...