[Snort-devel] how to write a preprocessor for snort

renuka prasad renukaprasadb at ...2499...
Tue Jun 17 11:43:58 EDT 2008

Hi all

i am interested to write a statistical profiler for snort -- the idea is as
part of my phd work with little bit of understanding of Snort --and few
suggestions given by snort users - i  found that writing a preprocessor for
statistical anomaly detection is a right choice ----

i have a solution/ logic which could be included as part of one of the
preprocessor or new preprocessor , so i want to know how to start -- problem
is i am not so good at coding so it takes some of my time to understand the
in and out of snort preprocessor development

i got some help from one of the users but i need some more detailed help
like if any person has individually written a preporcessor then i would like
to use that as a template and proceed further .

any one of you----- could u please give me some guidance / help in this
regard