[Snort-devel] Need help in getting the SNORT rules

Joel Esler joel.esler at ...402...
Fri Jun 13 10:12:19 EDT 2008

www.snort.org/rules

> 2) Is there any test scripts to test the SNORT source?.

Test the Snort source for what?  The recommended way to test Snort is
to pass traffic by the sensor, either live, or by captured traffic.

> 3) what are all the input and output plugins that are most widely
> getting used?

This is completely dependent on the environment in which Snort is run.

The better question is, what are you trying to do?

--
Joel Esler  joel.esler at ...402...
[m]