[Snort-devel] snort 3 error in config

Earl esammons at ...2799...
Mon Jul 7 19:49:20 EDT 2008

A guess... He is failing here (after the flex/bison, lex/yac
tests...).

Error message matches :)

Earl

# Some versions of lex can't handle the definitions section of
scanner.l .
# Try lexing it and complain if it can't deal.
    echo "$as_me:$LINENO: checking for capable lex" >&5
echo $ECHO_N "checking for capable lex... $ECHO_C" >&6
if test "${sf_cv_capable_lex+set}" = set; then
  echo $ECHO_N "(cached) $ECHO_C" >&6
else
  if lex -t scanner.l > /dev/null 2>&1; then
        sf_cv_capable_lex=yes
    else
        sf_cv_capable_lex=insufficient
    fi
fi
echo "$as_me:$LINENO: result: $sf_cv_capable_lex" >&5
echo "${ECHO_T}$sf_cv_capable_lex" >&6
    if test $sf_cv_capable_lex = insufficient ; then
        { { echo "$as_me:$LINENO: error: Your operating system's
lex is insufficient to compile
        libsbpf.  flex is a lex replacement that has many
advantages,
        including being able to compile libsbpf.  For more
        information, see http://www.gnu.org/software/flex/flex.html
." >&5