[Snort-devel] Barynard compile gives "unable to find mysql headers mysql.h

sudhakar govindavajhala sudhakarg79spam at ...2499...
Wed Jan 30 14:30:01 EST 2008

Hello,

I am trying to get Snort to run with MYSQL.  I was advised to use Barnyard.

I do not find Barnyard binaries.  I tried to compile from source.

./configure gives:

  ERROR: unable to find mysql headers (mysql.h)
  checked in the following places
        /mysql.h

 I have MYSQL installed because of RPM that comes with Red Hat CD. It does
not seem to supply me with mysql.h.    What RPM supplies  mysqlh?

While RPM has its weaknesses, I prefer RPM approach because it is easier.

--Sudhakar