[Snort-devel] Snort and FPGA

Michele Scovazzi ferocemaria at ...2499...
Thu Sep 6 11:41:45 EDT 2007

Hi Derek, Hi all,

I read that article too, but my idea is different.
I had a look to snort code and I noticed that there are different
method to do pattern matching (using different algorithm). I was
thinking about adding a new method that do the match using fpga.
In the article  "Regular Expression Matching for Reconfigurable Packet
Inspection" by João Bispo is proposed an fpga that take as input a
stream of bytes and gives as output the patterns that match the
stream. I wanna ask you if having only this informations it is
possible to implement all the interface function required to add a new
matching method to the existing ones.

Michele Scovazzi