[Snort-devel] Snort and FPGA

Derek Schuff dschuff at ...2893...
Thu Sep 6 10:08:46 EDT 2007

Hi Michele,
You are right; there are dozens of articles on acceleration for pattern
matching, but none of them really consider how to integrate them, and
what the performance impacts are. I had a paper in this year's IPDPS
that does present an integrated system (in the context of integrating
IDS into the NIC), which is online at
http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/search/srchabstract.jsp?arnumber=4228018&isnumber=4227918&punumber=4203121&k2dockey=4228018@...2941...&query=%28schuff%29+%3Cin%3E+metadata&pos=3
...or if you can't get the PDF from there it's on my page at
http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dschuff/publications/schuff-ipdps07.pdf

-Derek