[Snort-devel] Using example dynamic-rule plug-ins?

c0uchw4rrior c0uchw4rrior at ...2499...
Fri Oct 12 10:33:33 EDT 2007

Steven and Adam,

Thanks for the help! I'm really looking forward to getting to explore
Snort's dynamic rule functionality, but first...

I've made the suggested changes to
src/dynamic-examples/dynamic-rule/Makefile.am.However running automake from
the top level directory is failing. It looks like a version mismatch between
autoconf on my CentOS 5 development system and the autoconf version used by
the Sourcefire team to generate the build system:

[user at ...554... snort-2.8.0]$ automake
aclocal.m4:17: error: this file was generated for autoconf 2.61.
You have another version of autoconf.  If you want to use that,
you should regenerate the build system entirely.
aclocal.m4:17: the top level
autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 63
automake: autoconf failed with exit status: 63

FYI, CentOS 5 is shipping with autoconf 2.59 and automake 1.9.6.

Would either of you be so kind as to apply the suggested changes to
src/dynamic-examples/dynamic-rule/Makefile.am in the snort-2.8.0 sources,
rebuild the build system using your (newer) toolchain, tar up the result and
email to me off list? I could go off and build a newer autoconf from src and
try to use that, but...

Thanks guys!,
c0uch