[Snort-devel] Using example dynamic-rule plug-ins?

Steven Sturges steve.sturges at ...402...
Wed Oct 10 17:56:08 EDT 2007

Libtool places the .so into src/dynamic-examples/dynamic-rule/.libs,
so check in there... You only need to place the .so into the
snort_dynamicrule directory, not the individual .o & .lo files.

If the .so file isn't there, try changing the Makefile.am in the
dynamic-examples/dynamic-rule to use -export-dynamic instead of
-module, and change noinst_LTLIBRARIES to noinst_lib_LTLIBRARIES.
Re-run your configure command from the top level directory
and then rebuild.

We'll get the Makefile example fixed in CVS.

Cheers.
-steve