[Snort-devel] Snort v2.7 Release Candidate 2 is available
mike.guiterman at ...402...
Fri Jun 29 16:27:19 EDT 2007
Snort 2.7 RC2 is now available in the download section of Snort.org
- RC2 is a source release only
- 2.7 RC1 binaries are functionally equivalent to the RC2 source code
- The source code release includes additional language regarding GPL v2
licensing in the LICENSE and COPYING files. For more information on this
see Marty's news item on the home page.
- Target-based stream reassembly, including handling of TCP data
overlaps, anomalous TCP header flags, etc on a per-destination basis. 11
different target-based policies are supported. See README.stream5 for
specific configuration options for operating system targets.
- UDP session tracking
- Stream5 replaces BOTH Stream4 & Flow -- should disable both of these
when Stream5 is enabled.
- Option to emulate Stream4 flushing behavior
Keep on Snorting
More information about the Snort-devel