[Snort-devel] Problems with HTTP Inspect in Versions 2.6 - 2.612

Erickson Brent W KPWA erickson at ...593...
Wed Jan 24 11:55:13 EST 2007

Hello all,

We have been using Snort since version 1.6

We were one of the sites that helped initially test the first release of the
HTTP Inspection PreProcessor with Dan Roelker.

Since version 2.4 and 2.45 or even before, we ran with the default server
config commented out and just used the global config and the server config
specific to our own HTTP servers.

Since version 2.6, Snort will exit upon start up and say that the default
server config is not active.

I've looked through the 2.6.1 manual and the HTTP Inspect readme and I
cannot find a solution.

I appreciate your help.

Brent Erickson