[Snort-devel] Reviving snort-stat.pl - she isn't dead just yet

MBurns maburns at ...2499...
Wed Feb 28 18:07:09 EST 2007

I thought a few of you might be interested in some work I've done on
snort-stat.pl. We still use it at work (an even older version, believe
it or not) and in trying to update our system, found some bugs in the
last release of the script from 2004. Is anyone still using/interested
in this script?

Linked below is the original script that I worked off of (believing it
to be the most recently publicly available version), my patch to it,
and the end result.

Nothing too amazing, but the original version I found to be
non-functional on our Snort system, so this patch makes it work for me
and presumably for others. I plan to incorporate the *URGENT* patch
that I found on the Snort-devel archives from a few years back into
this latest version, for those interested.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Coding gods, please be kind.

Original:      http://oregonstate.edu/~burnsmi/snort-stat.pl
Patch:         http://oregonstate.edu/~burnsmi/snort-stat.patch
End result:  http://oregonstate.edu/~burnsmi/mab-snort-stat.pl

Cheers!